LTE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Terms & Conditions
- Pricing is quoted in Namibian Dollar.
- Pricing for post-paid packages excludes 15% VAT
- Pricing for the pre-paid offers includes 15% VAT
- Roaming is not available on alternative networks
- Pricing is based on the contract periods stipulated in the agreement for post-paid packages and are automatically renewed on the last day of the contract.
- Cancellation terms are 30 days before contract expiry date.
- Standard Paratus Telecom’s Acceptable Use Policy applies.
- Customers are not restricted as to what they use their data for, unless specified, as long as the customer does not engage in any unlawful activity, which includes any explicit or offensive content. The customer indemnifies Paratus Telecom against any claims, loss (direct and indirect, consequential or otherwise).
- Some applications transfer data in the background even if the customer is not actively sending or receiving data, such as software updates, streaming services, mapping and location based application services. This may result in higher data usage due to active background applications and the customer hereby indemnifies Paratus from the excessive bandwidth utilization that may be caused and associated with such application activities. Paratus has no control over the applications installed and used by the customer, and as such will not be held liable for high data usage claimed by the customer as being irregular.
- Paratus Telecom can warn, limit or disconnect any customer who is reasonably deemed to be abusing their data services.
- Paratus Telecom can change the prices of any services, alter or introduce new terms and conditions. This change will not be detrimental or to the disadvantage of the customer and the Customers will be notified 14 days before the change via our website, Billboards, Social Media or direct e-mail whichever media channel is deemed to be most efficient before 14 days.
- Customers will indemnify Paratus Telecom for the suspension of services due to force majeure. (circumstances out of Paratus Telecom control)
- Upon subscribing to any of the Paratus Telecom services, the customer agrees that Paratus Telecom may conduct ITC background checks with relevant financial screening agencies prior to approving any customer account application.
- In the event that the customer fails to pay for any of the Post-paid services, Paratus Telecom reserves the right to suspend the customer services until such time as payment is received. Should payment not be received from the customer for any outstanding services, the customer agrees that Paratus Telecom may prohibit the customer from being offered any future, additional or value-added services by Paratus Telecom. Paratus Telecom reserves the right to institute legal proceedings against the customer for non payment.
- All other standard Paratus Telecom Terms and Conditions apply.
Package specific Terms and Conditions
- LTE Flix package includes the following “Package Data” per month
- 100Gb NETFLIX ™ Data (only valid for Netflix content)
- 5Gb General Data
- Netflix content includes all traffic between the customer device and www.netflix.com. This includes but is not limited to browsing the Netflix catalogue, viewing movies, shows and documentaries.
- LTE Flix excludes the subscribers NETFLIX ™ subscription. NETFLIX ™ terms and conditions apply and need to be agreed to on registration (www.netflix.com). Any NETFLIX ™ traffic via VPN and or any encrypted traffic is excluded from the Paratus Telecom 100Gb NETFLIX ™ bundle.
- Should your NETFLIX ™ data (100Gb per month) be depleted before the end of the month you can continue watching without interruption using the general data (5Gb on your account / data bundle purchased).
- Paratus Telecom cannot be held liable for any bandwidth limitations or throttling introduced by NETFLIX ™ or any other provider.
- LTE Pulse post-paid package includes 5GB of “Package Data” and unlimited traffic for WhatsApp™ & Facebook™ limited to instant messaging services only within the monthly subscription.
- Any package can be topped up with data bundles (see data bundles below) which are additional bundles of data that can be added to your account. This way you never have to be without data.
- The included “Package Data” is based on a “use-it-or-lose-it” policy. Any unused “Package Data” left over at the end of the period does not carry forward.
- Throttling is applied to subscribers who have used up the included data on the package.
- Top up data bundles are valid for 30 days after purchase date.
- Customers may purchase more than one data bundle during any period.
- All data bundle prices include 15% VAT.
- Pricing is quoted in Namibian Dollar.
- Customers may purchase data bundles by:
- Buying a cash voucher from Paratus Telecom, any of their outlets or authorized vendors.
- Using the online portal to purchase a data bundle with a credit / debit card enabled for online purchases.
- ** All transactions are redeemable through the customer service portal (www.paratustelco.com)
- Customers are able monitor the general usage of all data bundles by logging into the Paratus Telecom customer service portal.
- Throttling of post-paid and Capping of pre-paid subscribers is applied once data bundles have been depleted. Access to the customer portal to purchase additional data is free of charge (no data required and accessible after data depletion).